On October 7 16th 2019 Mr. Charlie Flanagan, T.D., Minister for Justice and Equality and Mr. David Stanton, T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Justice and Equality with responsibility for Integration, Immigration and Equality announce new funding for Gender Equality projects. The gender equality projects will support women’s entrepreneurship and participation in the workforce through a range of training and mentoring initiatives.
Examples of the gender equality projects selected for funding include:
- A Leinster-based project to provide employment-readiness training to women in the asylum system focused around Direct Provision locations.
- A South & West Dublin-based project to provide training and mentoring to women who wish to start their own business.
- A project in County Wexford to provide comprehensive, QQI accredited job-readiness training for women who are detached form the labour market.
Announcing the gender equality funding, Minister Flanagan said:
“The €5.8m I am announcing today will support women’s participation in the workforce. It builds on the €5.5m funding awarded to 18 projects in 2017 and it will directly support disadvantaged women to access the labour market. It will also, I hope, help more women to become successful entrepreneurs.
Commenting further, he added:
“I am very encouraged by the progress to date and the continuing improvement in women’s participation in the workforce. However, women continue to have lower overall levels of participation in the workforce, are paid less and have less access to senior positions. Women are also less likely to own or manage their own businesses.
The following applicants were selected for grant offers following the open Calls for Proposals
ESF PEIL Gender Equality - Strand A: Women Returning to the Workforce:
- South East Community Training & Education Centre (SECTEC)
- Ballyhoura Development Association
- Business in the Community Ireland
- Cherish/One Family
- Cork City Partnership
- Irish Refugee Council
- National Collective of Community-Based Women’s Networks
- Network Personnel
- New Communities Partnership
- North East West Kerry Developments
- Northside Partnership
- People First
ESF PEIL Gender Equality - Strand B: Women’s Entrepreneurship:
- Galway Mayo Institute of Technology
- Migrant Rights Centre Ireland
- SECAD Partnership CLG
- South East Community Training and Education Centre
Application process is now closed.
Applications for the 2019 ESF Gender Equality Open Call.
- ESF Call Application Form Part 1 2019
- ESF Call Application Form Part Ia 2019
- 2019 ESF Call Application Form II
Documents in Irish
- 2019 ESF Call Application Part 1 GA
- 2019 ESF Call Application Form Part Ia GA
- 2019 ESF Call Application Form II
The following Information and Guidance document should be used by organisations when completing applications:
Please note that the guidance document and grant agreement are the latest version and maybe subject to change
All funded projects must contribute to the achievement of the objectives and spending commitments set out in Ireland’s relevant ESF Activity Implementation Plans.
All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt by the EU Funds Unit. If your application has not been acknowledged please contact the Unit.
Applications will be assessed using fair and transparent procedures established by the Funds Administration Unit. The Proposals which meet the criteria and objectives of the Call and which score highest following assessment will be selected for grant funding. Further information will then be sought prior to a Grant Agreement being drafted.
All applicants will be give feedback on the outcome of the assessment of their application.
Please note: The Gender Equality Activity is managed by the Inclusion, Equality and Gender Equality Division of the Department of Justice and Equality. The Funds Administration Unit, Department of Justice and Equality will be managing the day-to-day administration of the fund on behalf of Gender Equality Division.
For any queries regard the application process, please refer to the FAQs page of this website.